This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use your personal information in relation to Dealers Cloud, Corp. websites, applications, products, services, events, and experiences that reference this Privacy Notice (together, “DealersCloud Services”).
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the “content” processed, stored, or hosted by our customers using DealersCloud Services in connection with an Account. This Privacy Notice also does not apply to any products, services, websites, or content offered by third parties or which have their own privacy notice.
Personal Information We Collect
1. We collect your personal information in the course of providing DealersCloud Services to you. Personal information means personally identifiable information such as information you provide via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including name, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers, or account numbers.
2. Here are the types of information we gather:
a. Information You Give Us: We collect any information you provide in relation to DealersCloud Services. You provide information to us when you:
1. communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
2. search for, subscribe, or purchase DealersCloud Services;
3. create or administer your Account;
4. complete a support ticket, questionnaire, or other information request form; and
5. post on DealersCloud websites or participate in community features.
b. Automatic Information: We automatically collect certain types of information when you interact with DealersCloud Services. Examples of the information we automatically collect include:
1. computer and device information, such as application or browser type and version, browser plug-in type and version, operating system, time zone settings, and device version and type;
2. the location of your device or computer;
3. authentication and security credential information;
4. content interaction information, such as downloads, page views (including interaction such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), Service usage, occurrences of technical errors, diagnostic reports, your settings preferences, API calls, and other logs;
5. email addresses and phone numbers used to contact us; and
6. identifiers and information contained in cookies.
c. Information from Other Sources: We might collect information about you from other sources, including service providers, partners, and publicly available sources. Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
1. subscription, purchase, support, or other information about your interactions with products and services offered by us from our affiliates or third parties;
2. marketing information, including your name, email address, physical address, phone number and other similar contact information;
3. search results and links, including paid listings; and
4. credit history information from credit bureaus.
How We Use Personal Information
1. We use your personal information to operate, provide, and improve DealersCloud Services. Our purposes for using personal information include:
a. Provide DealersCloud Services: We use your personal information to provide and deliver DealersCloud Services and process transactions related to DealersCloud Services, including registrations, subscriptions, purchases, and payments.
b. Measure, Support, and Improve DealersCloud Services: We use your personal information to measure use of, analyze performance of, fix errors in, provide support for, improve, and develop DealersCloud Services.
c. Recommendations and Personalization: We use your personal information to recommend DealersCloud Services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with DealersCloud Services.
d. Comply with Legal Obligations: In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect, use, or retain your personal information. For example, we collect bank account information from Subscribers of Credit Reporting Services for identity verification.
e. Communicate with You: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to DealersCloud Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat) and to respond to your requests.
f. Marketing: We use your personal information to market and promote DealersCloud Services. We might display interest-based ads for DealersCloud Services. To learn more, please read our Interest-Based Ads notice.
g. Fraud and Abuse Prevention and Credit Risks: We use your personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, DealersCloud Services, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
h. Purposes for Which We Seek Your Consent: We may also ask for your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you.
How We Share Personal Information
1. Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share personal information only as described below and with affiliates that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
a. Transactions Involving Third Parties: We make available to you services and content provided by third parties for use on or through DealersCloud Services. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share information related to those transactions with that third party. For example, you can interact with services and content from third parties using DealersCloud Services and we provide those third parties information to facilitate your subscription, purchases, or support.
b. Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include: sending communications, processing payments, assessing credit and compliance risks, analyzing data, providing marketing and sales assistance (including advertising and event management), conducting customer relationship management, and providing training. These third party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process that information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection law.
c. Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or services. In such transactions, personal information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the individual consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that DealersCloud or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
d. Protection of Us and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or security of DealersCloud, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction.
e. At Your Option: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Location of Personal Information
1. DealersCloud is located in the United States, and our affiliated companies are located throughout the world. Depending on the scope of your interactions with DealersCloud Services, your personal information may be stored in or accessed from multiple countries, including the United States. Whenever we transfer personal information to other jurisdictions, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
How We Secure Information
1. At DealersCloud, security is our highest priority. We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
a. We maintain a wide variety of compliance programs that validate our security controls.
b. We protect the security of your information during transmission to or from DealersCloud Services by using encryption protocols and software.
c. We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
d. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Internet Advertising and Third Parties
1. DealersCloud Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and applications. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, or services. We do not provide any personal information to advertisers or to third-party sites that serve our interest-based ads. We do not have access to or control over cookies or other features that advertisers and third party sites may use, and the information practices of these advertisers and third party websites are not covered by our Privacy Notice.
Access and Choice
1. You can view, update, and delete certain information about your account and your interactions with DealersCloud Services. If you cannot access or update your information yourself, you can always contact us for assistance.
1. Examples of information you can access through DealersCloud Services include:
a. your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information;
b. usernames, roles, and other authentication and security credential information;
c. your subscription, purchase, usage, billing, and payment history;
2. You have choices about the collection and use of your personal information. Many DealersCloud Services include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain DealersCloud Services.
1. Account Information: If you want to add, update, or delete information related to your Account, please go to the administration or settings section of the DealersCloud Service. When you update or delete any information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
2. Communications: If you do not want to receive promotional messages from us, please unsubscribe or adjust your communication preferences in the DealersCloud Service. If you do not want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or your device.
3. Browser and Devices: The Help feature on most browsers and devices will tell you how to prevent your browser or device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Children’s Personal Information
1. We don’t provide DealersCloud Services for purchase by children. If you’re under 18, you may use DealersCloud Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Retention of Personal Information
2. We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of DealersCloud Services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfill the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law (including for tax and accounting purposes), or as otherwise communicated to you. How long we retain specific personal information varies depending on the purpose for its use, and we will delete your personal information in accordance with applicable law.